History

Founded in 1907 as Toronto Iron Works Ltd., the Company was privately owned until 1967.

In 1977 the Company acquired Calgary based CK Steel & Machinery Ltd. a supplier of structural/miscellaneous steel and heat transfer equipment to the local Oil and Gas Industries.

1979 saw the establishment of a joint venture company, Struthers-TIW, to market Once-Through Oilfield Steam Generators (OTSG) in Canada. This joint venture company dissolved in the late eighties and TIWW went on to independently develop the technology including increasing the size of OTSG's fabricated to 580 MM Btu/hr. TIWW is the only continuous OTSG supplier in North America spanning over 30 years.

In 1980 TIWW moved into its present facility on 8 acres of land in Calgary. The shop was built specifically in response to our clients’ predictions of market demand to manufacture mega sized OTSG units and those predictions have proven true.

Canadian Erectors Limited acquired the TIW Group of companies in 1983 and TIWW became an independent operating division.

In 1996 TIWW entered into a licensing agreement with Nooter/Eriksen to design and manufacture EOR type Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG) in Western Canada.

TIW WESTERN Inc. was incorporated as an independent operating Company in 2002. That same year our Calgary fabrication shop was expanded with the addition of a 30,000 sq. ft. third bay, which increased the shop to a total of 102,000 sq. ft. The new bay has a combined overhead crane lifting capacity of 200 tonnes with 40 ft. hook clearance.

In 2006 a 15 acre parcel of land was purchased in the Nisku Industrial Park and a 70,000 sq. ft. facility was built. The main fabrication bay has a combined overhead crane lifting capacity of 200 tonnes with 42 ft. hook clearance. The plant is easily accessible to the high load corridor which is a great benefit for transporting larger sized units to northern Alberta.