- Products & Services
TIW WESTERN INC and Tornado Combustion Inc. are thriving strategically aligned companies headquartered in Calgary. We engineer and manufacture industry leading Heat Transfer and Combustion Technologies. TIWW and Tornado devotes our industry leading expertise in thermal engineering and combustion technologies to solve our clients’ most technically challenging needs. With a company culture that thrives on inclusiveness and teamwork, TIW Western and Tornado supply reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide unmatched service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently seeking an energetic Contracts Specialist with fabrication or construction experience to help fill out our growing team. Reporting directly to the VP Contracts and working closely with contracts, estimating and other business units this position is based in our Calgary office and has responsibility over all contract management. The successful candidate will have relevant experience managing and negotiating construction or vendor agreements.
- Analyze, review, and negotiate terms and conditions of sales contracts, service agreements, subcontractor agreements, vendor, and non-disclosure agreements in compliance with the company's policies.
- Work with the sales & estimating teams to evaluate RFQ’s/RFP’s, draft proposals, negotiate terms, and finalize commercial agreements.
- Compile commercial deviations & exceptions documentation for all RFQ’s. /RFP’s.
- Comprehensive contract management responsibilities, including maintaining compliance to existing long term agreements/MSA’s and negotiation of extension new agreements
- Manage amendments to project active agreements (change orders), and contract extensions to long term agreements/MSA’s.
- Assist in development of special contract language and custom agreements to meet project needs.
- Collaborate with Sales & Service to ensure accuracy & compliance with client supply chain & safety certification requirements.
- Develop and manage a database for agreed contract terms and conditions.
- Work with business leaders to identify commercial risk and develop solutions to avoid onerous liabilities through risk-mitigation strategies.
- Participate in “Bid to Win” strategy sessions with internal stakeholders.
- Positively contribute to the creation & continuous improvement of Sales & Estimation tools, systems, and practices
Project Execution Responsibilities:
- Ensure that commercial & contractual agreements meet company requirements (commercially and financially)
- Communicated project commercial, and contractual requirements to Internal Stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Estimating, Project Managers, Engineering, Supply Chain and QC to ensure project deliverables are met and product meets client specifications.
- Assist Finance & Management resolve financial and contractual conflicts.
- Contracts – T&C Review, clarifications/exceptions, MSA’s, Long Term Agreements, vendor, and sub-contract agreements
- Project Execution – Contractual Compliance & Change Order Management
- Safety – Foster a Safe & Positive Working Environment
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- 3-5 Years of contract administration or management in a fabrication, construction, or EPC environment.
- Experience working within a dynamic sale team.
- Expert Level- Microsoft suite of products
- Excellent Communication Skills - Fluent in English both written and spoken.
EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES :
- Post Secondary Diploma or Degree
- Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Law, Business, Commerce or Project Management
- Commercial experience with process equipment, or fabrication environment
- Working knowledge of CRM software (Salesforce)
- EPC or EPF experience