We are a Calgary-based, manufacturing company and recognized leading supplier of oilfield steam generators (OTSG/HRSG) to the Western Canadian Oil and Gas Industry in need of a Drafting Coordinator/Lead. The position is located at the company’s head office and manufacturing facility in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Lead, the candidate will be responsible for the day to day activities of the drafting department to support the design and fabrication activities of the company. Requirements and duties of the position will include the following:
- Overall management of the drafting department
- Understanding department workload, scheduling, and priorities
- Reviewing customer documents and specifications and ensuring project compliance
- Attend weekly production meetings to provide scheduling updates
- Collaborate with:
- Production supervisors for drawing improvements, problems and solutions
- Fabrication department to provide sufficient information for programming of burning table and drilling operations.
- Engineering and field personnel to improve product design
- Quality Control for welding and NDE related items
- Check the work of other draftsmen, prior to drawing issue
- Generate high-quality 3D models and drawings
- Receive/review/comment on customer markups
- Any other requirements as directed
The successful candidate should possess engineering or drafting technology diplomas or equivalent training with a minimum of 5 years related experience. High proficiency with Solidworks and related programs is mandatory. Previous experience in a shop fabrication environment is a definite asset.
You should possess above-average communication skills, both written and verbal, to liaise with internal departments in order to carry out project activities efficiently.
If you are a team player and you’ve got what it takes to add value to a pace-setting organization, we are very interested in hearing from you.