- Products & Services
Welder / Fitter
TIW WESTERN Inc. is an established Calgary based manufacturing company and recognized leading supplier of heat transfer and combustion equipment.
We are looking for structural welders with fitting experience in our Calgary fabrication shop.
Reporting to the Welding Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible to accurately fabricate components in a safe and productive environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure work instructions are carried out as per Supervisor or Lead Hand’s directives.
- Ensure tolerances and specifications are met per company standards.
- Demonstrate competency in GTAW, GMAW, SMAW and MCAW.
- Meet assigned production goals and objectives.
- Comply with company safety and quality standards.
- Perform fitting and welding duties safely, accurately and in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current Alberta Journeyman Welding Ticket required.
- B-Pressure Welding certificate will be considered an asset.
- 5 years previous fabrication experience an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret welding procedures.
- Ability to use the facility equipment: Overhead cranes, forklift, manlift and rigging equipment.
- TIG and/or Sub-Arc welding considered an asset
- Proficiency in fitting considered an asset
Wages and Benefits
- TIW Western Inc. provides competitive rates and benefits package in a safe, progressive Non-union environment.
- This is a fulltime position on a 4 days per week x 10 hours per day schedule, from Monday to Thursday. Occasional overtime may be available.